Monday, October 19, 2009

Week 12: Approaching the 2nd Trimester!!

Tonight we are going to our first child birth/rearing class, entitled "Preparing for Life with Multiples". Geez, they makes it sound like a life changing event, or something ;-) I have a feeling this will be the best $60 we've ever spent... at least I'm hoping so. In total, we be taking five different classes between now and the end of January. Between these, the holidays and finishing prepping the house for the babies, we should be quite busy. I just hope the weather cooperates so that we can get them all in!

Last night I got cute, but convenient "mom haircut". You know... like mom jeans, only not so embarrassing. :P Yes, I got it chopped, which isn't odd for me. I've had my hair cut short many times, but I usually wait until spring or summer to get it this short. Not this time. Since my hair is so thick it is a pain to maintain. Blow drying takes me a good 15 minutes or so, which frankly tires me out getting ready right now. Plus, I figure the more short the cut, the easier it will be to wash and dry and not mess with too much. Realistically, I don't see how I'll be able to devote tons of time to something like that once the babies arrive. A trade-off I am more than happy to comply with!

Belly Update: Over the weekend I noticed that my lower stomach has really taken off. This belly is actually starting to look more like a pregnant one and less and less of a "I don't get off the couch" one. I've updated the slideshow if you'd like to take a peek. Also over the weekend, I experienced my first official belly rub. My mom just couldn't resist! As she was "petting" it I said, now I do hope you realize your really rubbing two McDonald cheeseburgers and fries, not so much babies at this point. Either way I don't think she cared. The idea that she now had something more tangible was enough for her. :-)

Saturday marks the start of the second trimester - 13 Weeks! It hardly seems real that it's been that long already. I have seen the ultrasounds, have felt them and yet I still am amazed that I am carrying and growing two beautiful babies in MY belly. Mine. Just amazing! It may sound corny, but I get so much enjoyment from pausing and envisioning them floating around in there side-by-side, moving their little arms and legs. Even more neat to think about is the idea that they will soon be interacting with each other. I stumbled on a site which says "...Ultrasound experts have reported seeing twins hitting each other, while others have seen twins playing together, gently awakening one another, playing cheek-to-cheek, and and even kissing!!"



Related Posts by Categories

3 comments:

The Swann's October 23, 2009 at 6:37 PM  

Wow! I cannot believe you're already counting down days until the second tri! Time is flying by and by the sounds of it, you'll stay bust from here on out with classes {heard they are wonderful!} and getting ready for the babes around the house!

If you need anyone to help, I'd love to help out however you desire! Just let me know!

Jess October 23, 2009 at 11:15 PM  

Happy 2nd trimester! I think your class will be great for you guys! If anything, you can meet other pregnant woman who are also having multiples-great future play dates!

babyparamore.blogspot.com

TeamOSM October 29, 2009 at 8:25 AM  

Hi Cathy! Just so you know, the bumGenius diapers are alright, but they are quickly making their way to the bottom of my stash! The Smartipants are great laundry wise since you don't have to unstuff, but I love the convenience of velcro. The bG's (and most other velcro diapers) are super sharp and hurt your thumbs. I've found the Happy Heiny brand to be a great option to avoid that! They have a new one size diaper that you can find at Kelly's Closet and it is great!

Good luck cloth diapering your twins! Congrats, and let me know if you have any questions! You can email me at lmiddle@gmail.com with anything you want to know.