9 weeks... make that 10 tomorrow!
What does 9 weeks bring? Apparently for me it means a day-long migraine, coupled with fighting off the pukes the entire day only for it to end ugly anyway. My first official pregnancy vomit session, x 2 :) That was on Monday. I am very thankful for my babies and just hope that this doesn't rear it's ugly head too much so that I can be an outwardly happy pregnant woman, too, because Monday just awful.
On Tuesday, when I woke, the headache was gone and my stomach felt pretty good. That all changed following two pretzel rods and (this is what tipped the scale) about 10 dry apple jacks. It took me about 2 hours to fight off vomiting again and from there on I was scared to eat virtually anything, but I knew I had to eat something. These babies need nutrition!
So, since that time I've been on a diet of pretzel rods, saltines, toast, oatmeal, cream of wheat and fried eggs. It's been fun :) Hey, anything not to throw up, right?! I'm hoping to slowly add back in "normal" food this weekend. Jay was super nice and found and cooked a recipe which was very bland (turkey meat with a little seasoning, carrots, mushrooms and rice). Bland in case was very, very good. Here's to hoping I'm on the rebound, diet wise.
Our next ultrasound is in a little less than two weeks - October 14th at 6pm. I can't wait! Both Jay and I LOVE seeing them and there is such a peace that comes in knowing they are doing well, especially for me since I'm more of "the worrier". I have felt them (bottom baby more than the top, as usual) off and on this week. That is always a nice treat and tides me over until I can see them again. If and when I stop feeling this "pinching" sensation, up until the time they actually start kicking, I am going to be so sad. Let's just hope that doesn't happen and that I can always tell somehow!
Lots of reading going on! All of my books finally arrived and I've been reading bits and pieces here and there. Last night Jay and I both sat down to read and were completely amazed when we saw pics of what our babies looks like nearing week 10. Little eyelids have now formed and this is the time when the baby goes from being referred to as an embryo to a fetus. According to babycenter.com, the babies are swallowing fluid and kicking up a storm. Vital organs — including kidneys, intestines, brain, and liver — are in place and starting to function, though they'll continue to develop throughout the pregnancy... tiny nails are forming on fingers and toes (no more webbing) and peach-fuzz hair beginning to grow on tender skin. SOOO cute!! Also, the babies limbs can bend now and their hands are flexed at the wrist and, meeting over the heart, and their feet may be long enough to meet in front of their body. The pic below isn't mine, but I thought it was a neat glimpse into what the babies might be looking like and wanted to include it.
What else is new? More baby gear deals, progress on the nursery and work has begun on our family room, the soon-to-be "kid-friendly" zone. Updates to come!



0 comments:
Post a Comment