Double the blessing: It's Twins!!
I can hardly believe this as I'm writing it. Today, I am 5w4d and at our first ultrasound, while we were simply wanting to hear good news of one healthy baby, we were surprised with the news that there will be two, teenie tiny babies to add to our family next year! Yes, two!
Grandma Carla (or, Gram2, as she's already affectionately referring to herself!) was able to be there with us today and I wouldn't have changed it for the world! As Dr. Ahlering was identifying the gestational sac and yolk sac, he called out "two". My instant reaction was "Shut up! Are you serious" (Yes, I told the Dr. to shut up and I believe I have my long time fav show Friends to thank for that. :-). I was thinking, there is no way this is even possible! Jay was grinning from ear to ear and when I looked back at Mom she looked like a deer in headlights. :-) Today will be a day we'll never, ever forget!
The entire ride back to work I kept saying "Oh my goodness" over and over and Jay said my face was flush with color. Every time I looked over at Jay he had this HUGE grin on his face. I called him a "giddy schoolgirl" but I don't think he liked that term. Let's just say he was BEYOND happy. I can honestly say I don't think it came as much of a shock to him. He's been saying all along "It's babies, not baby." "I just know we're going to have twins."
I've been praying for whatever God had in store for us and knew that could mean two. I'll admit though, I kept telling myself there was no likely way we'd have more than one. Really, I mean us? It seemed like each embryo would take one good look around my body, quickly determine there was no possible way two could take up residence in there (It just seems like I'm not really built for this!) and decide which one would get to stay and which would have to go. Not that I wanted that at all, but it seemed the most logical really. :-) Turn's out God's logic is driven by completely different means and, as far as my body is concerned, where there is a will there is a way!
After making many, many celebratory calls to friends and family we wrapped up the day by trying to soak it in just a little bit more. Or at least I did. All I can think now is that the timing on preparation, planning and child-rearing eduction just got MUCH tighter! No time to waste while I'm able to move about and am not dealing with (knock on wood) tons of symptoms just yet.
Our next ultrasound is scheduled for next Thursday, September 10 at 10 am. We will be looking to hear/see the heartbeats at this appointment, as I will then be 6w6d along. Keep us in your prayers that our babies are growing strong and healthy, as this is a critical point in development which helps to further ensure these babies will be around for the long haul!




0 comments:
Post a Comment