Thursday, August 20, 2009

The day our lives forever changed!




We're pregnant!
Praise God for all of the wonderful things HE does!


We found out that our first beta (5dp6dt) on Tuesday was 21 which was great. At this point, wanted it to be 5 or greater. Our second beta (7dp6dt) was today and it was 69!! They were looking for it to at least double, so we're right on track! (At this time, we thought we were just having one baby, but we later learn there will be two of you!) Our initial singleton due date was April 30, 2010, but we look for this to be updated to perhaps the first week in April.

When Daddy got the news he told me he couldn't stop shaking. When he told me over the phone, I completely lost it and big crocodile tears started streaming down my face. Finally. The first time we truly allowed ourselves to hear the pitter patter of little feet throughout the house.

"Signs" you're telling Mommy you're here!
I love that I can connect with you already. Here are all of the things that have seemed "different" to me.
  • Sunday (3dp6dt): Subtle pinches in uterus - 1 x in the afternoon about a series of 6 about 2-3 seconds apart and then again in the evening while lying in bed.
  • Monday: WAY more hungry than normal. Ha, probably just me on this one, but great that I might already be able to "blame" it on the baby(ies). :-)
  • Tuesday (5dp6dt): First beta drawn at 8am. Result - 21! Pinches in uterus again when I woke up, this time a bit stronger and more obvious; by the evening, a slight bit of heaviness, but very subtle.
  • Wednesday: By late afternoon into evening, heaviness like period is coming on - not as strong as a typical cycle start, but still similar. Some minor cramping in the PM too.
  • Thursday (3dp6dt): Second beta drawn at 8am. Result - 69!!! I am officially 3 weeks and 6 days along (This site is great for figuring that out, by the way. You just enter in your ER date [mine was 8/7/09] and it tells you TONS of stuff). So far, this afternoon I've felt some of the heaviness again and more subtle cramping. Nothing severe, but noticeable.



Related Posts by Categories

0 comments: