7 Weeks, 5 Days and We Have Cribs!
What's New with Mommy...
Weight Gain to Date: 4 lbs! Who knows where this is all going...
Recent Cravings: Anything salty. Not really interested in desserts much these days.
Clothing: Pants beginning to get tight. Recently bought a couple sizes larger to "grow" into!
Symptoms: My lower back has really given me fits the last couple days. Still feeling queasy off and on throughout the day (no vomiting though) and am forced to eat about once every 1.5 hrs to keep the nausea at a minimum. Heartburn has been killer, but I'm trying to eat things to keep this at bay too. Still more tired than normal. I've been taking a nap at lunch and it generally takes me about an hour and a half every evening after work to get my second wind. When you factor in an earlier bedtime, my days seem so short!
Random Thought: I'm exciting about buying my first bottle of baby lotion, oddly enough! I can’t wait to give our babies their first bath!
You heard me right.
At just 7 weeks, we have already purchased the babies' cribs! Anyone who knows me would realize that’s not too terribly strange. I’m a planner by nature (thanks Mom!) and as much as infertility taught me to go with the flow, I can’t help myself every now and then. I had a perfectly good reason to do this one so soon though. Babies ‘R Us is/was running a Trade-In deal where if you take one out-of-date safety type item (car seat, bassinet, crib, etc) into their store to give up, they were giving 20% off any new item of certain brands. We ended up saving about $88 all together on two cribs that are pretty good quality. Not top-of-the-line (it’s nothing for one crib to cost $300!), but very nice still! Here's a pic of it...
No Time to Spare - Let the Bargain Hunting Begin!We have also done more extensive math to figure out what these kiddos will cost us upfront - you know, all the gear they'll need. Let's just say that I'm up to around $2k (Wal-Mart prices and all), and that doesn't include clothing or any of the on-going monthly expenses. So, needless to say my bargain-hunter instincts are kicking in full force already. I figure we should get a start now, because come next spring, I will either be too pregnant and on bed rest, or the babies will come too soon before yard sales even arrive. Jay and I went to a couple yard sales this past Saturday and I bought a bunch of little onsies and sleeper sets for just .25 a piece. Not too shabby. Also, my Mom went to a resale shop and bought a couple handfuls of little boys shirts and stuff on the cheap too. At this point, I'm making an attempt to buy gender neutral stuff, if possible, but I'll take the sex-specific clothing too if it's too good to pass up. Worst case is that one of our babies will be wearing blue when she "should" be wearing pink, but I don't think she'll ever know, nor care :-) Yes, we will be finding out what we're having as soon as we can, so you can be sure I'll let everyone know that way we can start planning a little more specific.
Anyway, so far, I have done three loads of baby laundry but have no place for any of the stuff yet! We still need to decide which room will be the babies' room and then, of course, we need to buy/build storage of some sort. Still lots to do!
Also on the bargain front, we are going to two kids/baby resale events - one this week and one next. We're hoping to get larger things like the double stroller ($150 normally! gasp), pack-in-play, etc. at these sales. Of course we'll also be scoping out the smaller stuff, but don't worry, I'm confident we'll still have PLENTY of stuff to add to the baby registry when the time comes. I'll just have to keep track of what we have and what we'll still need.
Jumping the Gun?
Maybe. But, here's my theory. I'd rather do this stuff now while I can enjoy it and pace myself, vs. saving it all to the end. Who knows what the next several months will hold. Bed rest? Giving birth earlier than expected (hope not, but it's a possibility)? I just don't like the idea of feeling stressed out when I'm that far along. I say there's no time like the present to start preparing for our babies!
Books and Books Galore!
Yesterday I ordered about nine or so books from Amazon and Half.com. Everything from pregnancy with twins, to birthing, to tips on raising twins. We are not playing here people! There is a lot to learn in a VERY short time (yes, to me this is short considering all that I feel like I want to know). Realistically, we know you can't have everything figured out and expect for there to be no bumps when they arrive. However, I/we will feel MUCH more prepared by reading loads and loads of tips, what-to-expects and how-to's in advance so that we can develop somewhat of a Plan A, Plan B and of course Plan C. I'm sure what we'll actually end up doing will be a nice mixture of all three and some new stuff thrown in there too, compliments of baby(ies) demands. Boy this is going to be fun! ;-)
Let the Exercises Begin!
So, I didn't have the best exercise habits before getting pregnant (as in pretty much none existent as of late), but especially knowing I'm now carrying two babies, we thought it was VERY important we work on this. Sooner than later. So, Jay has really taken the reigns on this and found several pregnancy-friendly work-outs I can do and he is doing them with me. The *goal* is every other day until we can't do them anymore. I can only imagine what my back will feel like and how tired my arms will end up being once the babies come, so anything at all that I can do now, the better off I'll be. So far it's going great - it helps that I have one of the best coaches!



0 comments:
Post a Comment