Monday, March 15, 2010

Weights are up... energy, not so much

The good news is I'm 33 weeks now. As of this past Wednesday, baby boy weighs 4lb 10oz and baby girl a lighter 3lb 10oz, which is MUCH better than her previous weight. My guess is that they just didn't get accurate measurements on her last time. I'd really like to see her get above 4lbs before delivery, so that, along with getting to 34 weeks, is my current goal. Makes it seem less overwhelming if I approach it this way.

(I feel like I'm reading the "specials of the week"...) New ailments include the ever-famous and oh-so-desirable "cankles". I've always thought ankles were highly over-rated anyway. Also numbness in my hands and feet, along with puffy eyelids. I frequently grunt and moan after getting up to do simple tasks like rolling over, bathroom breaks, etc. It ain't pretty folks. My body really dislikes me these days. Jay took one look at my bare tummy the other night and said, "Yeah, I don't think you have much longer"... or do I? (:o

Yes, at times lately I definitely feel like I've hit a wall, but I'm crossing my fingers I find my second wind!



Related Posts by Categories

3 comments:

Amber C March 15, 2010 at 2:31 PM  

You haven't hit a wall, you're hurdling that wall! You are doing so fantastic, I am so happy the little tweedles are growing. Little girl is going to be 4 lbs before you know it! :) Hang tough!

Maureen March 15, 2010 at 4:48 PM  

You are doing amazing Cathy!! I'm so excited that you've made it this long! You're getting so close!! :o) Yeah!

The Swann's March 15, 2010 at 5:43 PM  

I love reading with each passing week!!!! So very excited for you all! I can imagine the ailments that come with growing two babies and being on bedrest... One more week and baby girl will surely be at 4+lbs and they'll be in your arms instead of tummy!!!!