Friday, February 5, 2010

We've done it!! 28 weeks today!

Kids, your mommy has lost it.

Somewhere along the lines... not sure where... but I thought we were one day behind where we actually are, gestational wise. Meaning, that tomorrow's not 28 weeks, TODAY is!

After various people throughout my stay here at the hospital referred to our dates differently, I finally looked through my files on our retrieval and transfer date and worked out the math myself. Sure enough, some where early on I must have got off track and never thought twice. Not that a day is a huge deal, but I'll take it! I am so extremely happy to have made it this far and so grateful for every day that continues to pass! With God all things ARE possible!

Yesterday, I had another cervical check and a growth ultrasound (love seeing our babies!!). I was so anxious to see what these kiddos were weighing. Drum roll: Baby boy is a whopping 2lb 10oz and Baby girl is 2lb 4oz. Not too shabby for one day shy of 28 weeks!! I was really surprised at how long Baby boy is getting. His head is still down very low in my pelvis and his little legs now stretch up around near my ribs! Sissy is in the exact opposite position as mentioned previously. With her being breech, they are taking turns kicking each other in the head I'm sure. :)

Highlights of the ultrasound: Baby boy was caught yawning and playing with his toes. Baby girl was squirming the entire time, knocking into the ultrasound wand trying to figure out what it was. The tech was really nice too. She gave us a CD with short clips of various movements, all of which are below.

Also, more good news is that my cervix has continued to stay about the same length (2.2)!! As such, I just found out that they are releasing me tomorrow!!! Can't wait to sleep in my own bed and love on my puppy dogs!! Even if I'm only home for a week, at least it will give me some time to rest myself. :D Praying we can make a successful go of it!











Related Posts by Categories

5 comments:

The Swann's February 6, 2010 at 9:29 AM  

YAYAYAYA!!!!!! Such a great news day! 28 weeks... Beautiful babys in action... RELEASING YOU!!!! :-)

Jessica February 6, 2010 at 11:45 AM  

I just found your blog through Meghan Swann. I am so happy for you that you are pregnant with twins via IVF. Sorry you have had complications, but its great that you have kept those babies safe inside and that you are being released!!

I am going to do IVF with Dr. Ahlering in April and would love to hear about your experience. If you find the time please e-mail me

dreamsofababy@hotmail.com

My blog is dreamsofababy@blogspot.com

Thanks

Baby Bump Wanted February 8, 2010 at 1:03 AM  

Congrats for getting to 28 weeks, all the best for the rest of your pregnancy and then when you meet the tweedles.

Michele February 9, 2010 at 8:45 AM  

Those are great numbers, very similar to our twins that were born 27w5d. Bobby was 2lb13oz and Maya 2lb5oz. THey are 5 months old and doing great! I know your twins will be wonderful too!!!

Fran February 15, 2010 at 8:54 AM  

Well done on the milestone!! And by now you are 29 weeks along! I look forward to reading your next update. Fran