Five wonderful months!
Hello all... or anyone who might still visit from time to time. It was my intention to update before now, but... well, time passes without realization. All the while, my kids continue to get bigger. Hard to believe that today they are five months!
It is also the same day I took my first beta following our IVF cycle last year. That day I was without-a-doubt pregnant, though God's gift was yet to be revealed to us for another two days. I remember so clearly what it was like during those "waiting" days. So much anticipation, longing and, at the very same time, sadness at the looming possibility that we might not be pregnant, or ever able to conceive.
My life now is forever changed and I owe it all to God and his blessings. Somewhere between our transfer on August 13 and the 18th, I became a mommy because of Him. I am so very lucky and thankful for that each and every day.
And, let me tell you - my life has changed in many, many ways. :) I am now at home with my kids all day, every day. I feel so fortunate to be able to be the one to help teach them so much over these next several years. To watch them grow, discover and become little people will, no doubt, be amazing. They are definitely individuals full of life and personality already. And I love that!
Yes, there are moments when I feel a bit overwhelmed. What mother doesn't, though, I suppose. I try to keep in mind each stage is only a stage. Take the wonderful and savor it, breathe deep and the difficult minutes will pass. Tomorrow is a new day full of wonderful possibilities, especially in the eyes of babes. :)
When I sat down and started selecting pictures to post with this entry, I came across two in particular (the first two below) that made me realize just how "non-newborn" they are these days. The type that make you say "that's MY son/daughter?!".
It is amazing to know that they are ours. My kids fill me with a unique joy I've never experienced. I am so very lucky to be their mommy.

Logan: full of smiles, charm and excitement! He's my little man :)








Friends for life! (also the cover for their latest album :-D)



5 comments:
they are adorable, Cathy!
And you sound like a woman who has it altogether - please share your secrets :)
Awwww! They are so adorable! I think I need desperatly to get some baby snuggles... :-) I love reading your update and how amazing your life has changed! Thank God!!!
Hi Cathy,
Thanks for the post the other day...and yes, I do remember you and your story! :) We are so thrilled and blessed to be traveling down a similar path! Congrats again on your beautiful little ones, and thank you again for sharing your story. You've been an inspiration!
This post made me feel so good. How precious. God is good!
Hi Cathy! The babies are beautiful! -Meredith
Post a Comment