And today makes 26 weeks!
Not so long ago, this day seemed nearly unattainable. To have come this far is the best feeling ever right now. On days when I feel frustrated, I return to this. I relish in the fact that I can still feel our babies kicking and hiccuping away in the depths of my belly, ever thankful the beautiful picture of our growing family is coming into view once again. It alone keeps me going.
They do, however, doppler them twice a day in my room. Generally, baby boy is an easy find - sister has him pinned down low and to my right. Baby girl is an entirely different story. This girl is an escape artist! She knows the sound and feeling of that silly doppler and runs from it 90% of the time. On several occasions its taken the nurse upwards of 20 minutes to locate a beat long enough to count. They laugh because she kicks at it like crazy and today she turned her body completely over to try and throw them off; her little heart races out of frustration and movement. I lie there laughing, rolling my eyes and think about the possibility of us having a very strong-willed little girl on our hands... not that she'd be taking after anyone, or anything... ;-)
Even though we're still keeping it secret until their big debut into this world, we have in fact, officially chosen names! We are both very excited and relieved. It's been fun to begin using them back and forth in conversation between the two of us. They feel just perfect really. Perfect for us and the little people we are so looking forward to meeting!



0 comments:
Post a Comment